Monday, April 13, 2009

Bill Maher: “Polite Musings From a Timid Observer”


“Folk Off”
Bob Dylan must stop denying he was the voice of a generation. Bob, that’s not something you get to decide. It’s fate and you were it. If your generation could actually choose a voice, don’t you think they’d have picked one better than yours?”

“Fool Recovery”
Former drug addicts and alcoholics have to stop saying, “I almost died.” No. Cancer survivors almost died. You almost had too good a time.

“New Rule”
“Stop calling it a “perfect storm” when two bad things happen at the same time. Sometimes it’s just some crap happening at the same time as some other crap. Let’s go back to what we used to call it before that movie about George Clooney and his epic struggle to kill more tuna: Shit happens.”

“French Whine”
No more bitching about the French. At least they’re standing up to the Bush administration, which is more than I can say for the Democrats. And it doesn’t make me un-American to say I’d rather live in Paris than in some place where cheese only comes in individually wrapped slices.”

4 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

Beautifully put, humourously written. Many thanks for lightening up my evening, comrade :-)! Or should I say: Spasiba!

Greetings from London.

Natalie said...

Pazhaluista, Mr. Cuban,
Bill Maher always puts a smile on my face!

Anonymous said...

Bill Maher’s, eh? I’m a big fan of his. He’s a quick wit, and I agree with him on most things, and think he is quite funny.

P.S.You look like a runway model the way you dressed, and again what a smile!
John

Orandon said...

That's a hilarious take on Bob Dylan...! ; )

Perhaps a different slant could be used on Jim Morrison? I can just hear it now...
Orandon