Tuesday, July 22, 2008

“A Magnolia Dream” July 22, 2008

I have dreamt and it was surreal,
Dreams are rarely come to me,
I remember you standing near
And I talked to you in my dream:

“Do you see that magnolia tree,
Dressed in foamy pink and white? –
How strange to see it’s blooming
Not in April but in July…”

Letting this beauty to bloom anew,
The nature’s surely mistaken,
Just as my Love that has arrived and grew
Within my heart that was forsaken…

You’ve construed a different meaning:
"Yes, Love was beautiful in July,
But it will truly bloom in April,
Let us wait. Love always takes time…"
*************************
I treasure things which aren’t common,
Unexpected, not easy to find –
Whether it’s Love or magnolia’s flower,
Both are precious and one-of-a-kind…
July 22, 2008

2 comments:

? said...

I am not surprised that you are a very beautiful woman. So beautiful! But also very talented. The poems you write take my breath away. I love it.

Natalie said...

R.E.,
I think it is every poet’s unexpressed wish to find appreciation and understanding from no matter how few selective ones... Thank you.
Natalie