Thursday, May 8, 2008

“Ego Te Amo Per Noctum Per Diem”


R.:
“Ego te amo per noctum per diem,
After waking up at night
My first thought is of you, my gentle soul,
I want you near till the end of time...

I’ll be writing the letters of love
Each night, that with every sunrise
You would read confessions of my heart –
My prize would be your gentle smile...”

N.:
“I’d take you to the mountains at night
To listen sighs of trees and flowers,
To watch gleaming stars wrapped in velvet of skies
Where the nightingales are singing of love.

Our summer bed would be this gentle grass,
Our curtains are spruces’ boughs,
I’d make love to you under these stars,
You’d say, “this woman has stolen my soul…”

I would say, “I can’t help it, my treasure,
I have lived without love for so long…
I want to sin with you right now and ever,
God would sure forgive us. Both!”
May 8, 2008

No comments: